03 February 2009

Valkerie; No kids, this is NOT a classic

Here we go, this new movie Valkerie, starring Tom Cruise, you want my take on it ? Are you ready for it ? It's a piece of shit ! That's all it is and it's time that someone said it!

I love history and a great story about WO II was operation Valkerie. So they decided to make ANOTHER movie about it, well, ok, great !

Don't believe the hype however, it truely is a piece of shit.
Besides loving history I love conspiracies, and on the poster it said Conspiracy, sounds like the perfect movie for me right, so why do I dislike it so much ?

And I am not even talking about the Germans talking with British accents in English, or the fact that Tom Cruise is in it (which seems to annoy a lot of people).

Again, why do I dislike it so much ? Well, honestly I think it is really sad that not only young people, but also people of my own age regard this movie as art. Honestly they do, calling it a classic. It really disgusts me quite a bit. What is happening to our culture ? Even going as far as comparing it with Shindler's list for example. That is simply NOT done !

(For a change) I would like to end my post on a positive note; I am happy to tell you that I have just seen Eyes wide shut for the 100th time and it's just like a great wine, it just keeps gettin' better with age ! Now THAT's a classic kids.