11 February 2009

Are the Chinese fucking with us ?

Alright. It's time for more conspiracy stuff on my blog. So you probably have heard about people doubting that the moon-landings really happened right ? Kinda cooky at first but I looked into the matter anyway. And I have to admit, there are (just) some strange things that demand proper explanation, however I don't believe that the moonlandings didn't happen ! Not yet anyway. There is a difference.

So in September 2008 the Chinese did their first space walk. For all the space NOOBS out there, a spacewalk is when an astronaut (or in the case of the Chinese, a taikonaut) leaves the ship while in orbit and just hangs around for a bit, chills while experiencing zero gravity presumably, feels like he is the bollocks, waves at the cameras and then goes back into the ship. The Chinese government was ofcourse very proud and boasted that china was the new technological nation to consider or something.

But within days conspiracy theorists started to go wild because they felt that China faked the live footage of their spacewalk. That's a pretty bold statement, so let's investigate !

As so very often, conspiracy theorists work through youtube, which is a really shitty way to prove a point concerning video images. You can view an example here, but I don't recommend it. Luckily there are links to the original footage in high definition. As you can see, there is stuff flying around. I have to say though, this is brought to you by the same people that claim the moonlandings never happened. To be honest, I have seen weirder stuff in my life but for now I still believe man went to the moon.

It is not just me and the conspiracy nuts from the internet that are looking at this. I did some searching and I found one "mainstream" article that talked about the discrepancies of the live footage. The article I found was by The Epoch Times (According to their own statement, the Epoch Times exists to provide what they see as uncensored coverage of events in China) and they interviewed a former NASA Scientist, mr Qu Zheng and he covers the points better than I ever will. So I will just post a link to the interview where he kinda says that he believes the live footage was a fraud. Read the article for your self because the points he covers are very interesting and he covers them in a very sensible way. What do you think ?

If you ask me, there is a good chance it is fake, the Chinese a brilliant at faking nike shoes, faking Ipods, faking watches, they are the best !

So is this stuff faked ? Just like the moonlandings the info provided all seems very compelling, but is it ? If the moonlandings were fake, why didn't the Russians speak out ? Or in this case, why didn't the Russians and Americans speak out ? Are they all in on it ? Aren't they paying attention ? Or is there some mutual silence or something ?

If you have info that I missed and need to checkout, please leave a comment below, as of today it is possible to leave comments here. Don't be rude, it's bad karma.