02 February 2009

Rant - 2nd february

Tonight I got home from school, had dinner, sat on the couch for a bit and then watched the news. Then I shouted for a few minutes at the television set. Then I doubted this great and "free" country for a while, and then I felt I had to blog about it! Damn, those fucking politicians again !

The Netherlands supported the Iraq war. That is, the dutch government at the time supported it. Over 70% of the population was against it at the time and in retrospect a lot more people feel that it was a bad idea. Regardless, the last couple of years people have been pressuring our prime minister to disclose the circumstances under which the war was supported. On what basis ? For years Balkenende toyed with words to stop the opposition from having an inquiry in the matter (and fortunately for him balkenende has a way with words). But yesterday he (had to) announce that he would start an inquiry himself !

Genius at work
You have to understand that the opposition asked for an inquiry done by the people that are supposed to do so under our constitution, but when Balkenende saw that an inquiry like that was inevitable he turned the tide by proposing an inquiry of his own ! Now it is him who appoints who will lead the commission and in doing so he has the guts to call it a true and independent investigation.

That's right, appointing the people that are supposed to dig out the dirt on Balkenende himself, sounds far from anything resembling to independence to me.
The opposition isn't very happy with this but they are ofcourse never happy with what a prime minister does (that's the way politics work right?). But I entirely support the opposition on this one.

This is the moment that I have lost all faith in you mister Balkenende. You have no honor, you have no pride. I don't care if there is a financial crisis going on, how can we call ourselves a democracy (and promote it around the world) if we start behaving in this way ? I don't know what there is to keep from the public and I refuse to speculate on the matters. All I know is that a government shouldn't have anything to hide.

This week the opposition will debate you, I'll video tape it all and watch your cowardly ass talk it's way out of this mess. You are a disgrace Mister Balkenende. Every disgraceful action by my government will lead to a reaction (in writing ofcourse), I guarantee that. And if you start to play with words again I will have something new to blog about, because you are not fooling me anymore sir, I caught on to your games ! And I will continue to do this until you stop, that's what we are at right now.

Fortunately you are not like those other world leaders that want to restrict free speech online (USA, Italy, UK, china ofcourse), but I have got a feeling that Europe will take care of that some day.

here is a video for the dutchies.

Kok, Balkenende, Clinton and yes Obama (I will talk about him in another blog), your all the same !