10 February 2009

The longer the job description the less important the employee is

Last week I was promoted to CEO (Chief executive officer - the big boss - The longer the job description the less important the employee is) of my student company ! It's part of a mandatory part of my course, a group of students have to get together and start a REAL company. So now I am running a company with 11 people ! Obviously I am very excited about the responsibilities towards my employees and the shareholders of the company, they expect profits !
A lot of extra work is required and you have probably heard of the crisis that is going on making it a horrible moment for inexperienced students to start a company.

The Crisis
The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity.

Therefore my upcoming posts will be focused more on the current financial crisis, I will share my thoughts about it and most importantly I will try to answer the questions that no body seems to be asking: How the hell did we get here in the first place ? All that without boring you ! Furthermore I will go into why I wasn't surprised when this crisis started to unfold, why I don't think it's finished and how I only see one REAL solution to all this (if anyone can contact Obama, he needs to subscribe to my blog). I will also post some documentaries on the matter and I will analyze events as they unfold.

I realize all this economic talk might seem very boring and heavy. It actually isn't. The title of this website was taken from a quote ("It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. " - Henry Ford) referring to the economy and indirectly referring to the current crisis. That's why lots of people were not very surprised and that's why you have to start taking this issue seriously. Essentially the quote says; if people understood their world for what it is, they would do everything in their power to change it. It is obvious for me that hardly anyone seems to understand the problem we are facing fully and the solutions we are implementing will only make the problems worse in the long run. A definite case of a cure being worse than the disease. I truly believe that if people understood the problem for what it is that the people would be on the streets before tomorrow morning. But they don't. And to go out on the streets on my own before tomorrow morning is kinda pointless (funnily enough there was someone today outside of the station doing exactly this !). Therefore I will try to explain this stuff in the future without complicating things unnecessarily and ofcourse, when you understand, the task is yours to spread the word !


Our product, the I-Alert
In need for a Christmas present but you don't know what to buy your loved ones ?
Get them some safety and security, present them with the new I-alert !

The I-alert offers the consumer excellent value for money by providing several purposes at once. Our product helps you to remind you about your credit cards so that you will not forget it or leave it behind. It will vibrate within 1 minute (or whatever time frame you wish) when the card has not returned in its holder.

Do you wish to become the proud owner of one of these I-Alerts ? Perhaps you are interested in becoming a shareholder ?

More information can be found on our website : www.I-alert.nl (we will be working on that website)

I'm looking forward to the experience and this will look great on my curriculum vitae !
You will understand ofcourse that I will have less time for this blog as this crisis asks the most of my time as CEO.

Learning from the best
Look at me, shiney shoes ! (Anuga foodfair - biggest in the world- '05)