21 May 2009

My killer sandwich

It's a hard life ridding the world of all these fevered egos that are tainting our collective unconsciousness to make us pay a high psychological price then we all can imagine. It really works on my appetite.

I'm Italian therefore I cook. When I cook I try out different things. Often I mess up. Today, all my experience in the kitchen produced a wonderful new sandwich which I hereby declare mine and I will name and patent later. It's the best sandwich I ever ate and I have made, and eaten, many.

What do we need ?
french bread
(philadelphia) cheese spread
tomatoes
butter
olive oil
katenspek/bacon/zeeuwsspek
green pepper, something like that
salt obviously (put not that much, since the bacon is generally salty enough, but you already knew that right?)

Start with putting the butter and olive oil in the pan. Wait, first turn on the gas you fool ! When the butter has disintegrated completely put your tomatoes in. Slice them first ofcourse, and slice them properly for fucks sake, it's not that hard.

When they are in the pan you have time to cut your french bread in half and you can put some of that cheesy stuff on it. Makes it real creamy.
Having done this you turn the tomatoes, you don't want to have them burned on one side and raw on the other right ?
Now you make some space in the pan for a couple of pieces of katenspek/bacon/zeeuwsspek.

Get the tomatoes out of the pan when YOU think they are just the way you think they should be and put them on the bread along with the katenspek/bacon/zeeuwssspek. Don't forget to switch of the gas !

I am not responsible for any illnesses you get from trying out this recipe, it's at your own risk. If you don't like it you fucked up somewhere and you need more practice in the kitchen because this sandwich is awesome.

Buon appetito, this is how it looks like when it's done by a professional.