02 March 2010

The other side of hamas

I'm not supporting Hamas, but is there another side to the story that is not being told ? Eric Margolis is an American-born journalist and writer and he brings you this mini documentary.


"Hamas is a national liberation movement." When put under pressure these groups of people tend to turn to terrorism. Look at the history of the Tamils in Sri Lanka (most prolific terrorist organization I believe).

I taped this documentary on terrorism a few weeks ago but I only saw it this weekend. I was hearing about the history of the Tamils while I was seeing these images of armed guys running through the woods and I was thinking too myself. Gee, what a bunch of funking idiots ! What are they doing ?

How can someone ever become so lost. Again, watch the power of nightmares (BBC) !!

Anyway, I love the point that is made that Israel at one time supported Hamas. It's a common tactic as a way to divide your enemy. Lots of the times it backfires however, like in this case.