27 March 2009

Teddy Robin and the Playboys

With that sucky announcement by last.fm the other day I guess it's up to me now to recommend you some great music.

With this post I take you back to the hong-kong 1960ies music scene (yes there was one). I've just discovered these guys. I am like that Hubble telescope. For some reason all the music I discover is from people who are long gone, they have retired or have died and who don't even have a decent wikipedia page written about them! It's my job to make sure that these people are not forgotten.

Here is one song in particular of theirs that I have taking a liking to, I'm thinking of covering it somehow, someday. Perhaps with an organ and some bagpipes on it, don't know , haven't decided yet. Besides, bagpipes are surprisingly expensive.

Teddy Robin and the Playboys - Magic Colours
From the rare album "Love, Peace & Poetry:Asian Psychedelic Music"



Also I would like to experiment with a female vocalist (in a music kind of way...) if I ever decide to cover this one. For some reason I never really liked female singers. Listened to a lot of Aretha Franklin and Nico & The Velvet underground recently, and I can't deny that Janis Joplin kicked ass so maybe I should be more open to it.

last.fm page